Monday, March 24, 2014

Guest Designer Sandi Clarkson!


Hi, My name is Sandi Clarkson. As a long time follower of Berry71Bleu, I am ecstatic to be Guest Designing this month!

My amazing husband and I live in the North Central Texas area in the USA. We have 3 grown daughters, 3 wonderful son-in-laws and lots of precious grandkids! I still work part-time as an Audiologist in the medical field but need the creative outlet scrapbooking provides! Although I have been a crafter of some sort all my adult life, my sister-in-law introduced me to this wonderful hobby about 7 years and I fell in love! It is truly my passion and I enjoy every minute of it! I love the artistic journey and am a huge fan of mixed media.

In 2009 I was pleased to be a co-creator and designer for Stuck on U Sketches challenge blog for 4 wonderful years. This year I am excited to be designing for Creative Embellishments, Sketchabilities and HeArt & Soul Artists. I've also had the pleasure of being on a wide variety of Design Teams: an online scrapbook store, several challenge blogs, a manufacturer as well as kit clubs. I've also had some wonderful Guest Design opportunities. My favorite thing though is Reveal Day! I hope I can provide you with a bit of inspiration this month.



The challenge theme this month is "Luck of the Irish" hosted by scrappy friend Cathi O'Neill who lives in beautiful Ireland. You must design with Green (as a dominant color, doesn't have to be the only color!), the word Lucky or Luck, and a bit of Irish lace (any bit of lace or doilies!)

As GDT I also had to add in a fabulous tag made by Marivic Clifton, owner of Berry71Bleu and Zeus and Zoe Etsy Shop, as well as a piece of chipboard from sponsor Molossi. Lastly (or so I thought, lol), my project needed to include a doily.

I haven't scrapped a photo of my oldest daughter in a while, so I took this opportunity to do so. She has a heart of gold and is a genuine blessing to all who know her. How could I be so "lucky" as to be her mom? Not just lucky but blessed!

To create my background I randomly stamped the page with my favorite Inkido stamp and then used a new Prima stencil, molding paste, clear embossing powder and Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in Green with Envy and Rusty Lantern. The embossing got kind of lost after using my mists, but the page does still have some cool sparkle to it.


I inked the chipboard title with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and heat embossed with Stampendous Detail Gold Embossing Powder, then flicked with white gesso.


I applied gesso and green ink to the Molossi Chicken Wire Chipboard. Here you can also see the doily I've used along with a gold heart button that I removed from Marivic's tag and placed here to go with the theme.


Computerized journaling and a Prima Junkyard Finding that aptly says "Luck."


This is a close-up of the tag that Marivic handmade. I was so tickled that it had one of my favorite Manor House blooms on it! Plus it had some lace that goes along with the challenge theme!


I am so into using cardboard on my layouts any chance I get, so I've tucked some here and dry brushed it with white gesso.

Thanks again to Marivic and Berry71Bleu for having me today as a March Guest Designer! This was such a fun challenge. I hope you have a chance to play along!

We'd love to see how you interpret this challenge! There are some amazing prize packages up for grabs! You have until April 1st to join in the fun.


1st Prize:
Molossi Gift Pack (Chipboard, Bling and Flowers)


2nd Prize:
Something Tattered March/Mars French Month Clear Stamp Set
Random Prize:
2 Berry71Bleu Handmade Tags
(Please note that the photos are just samples and are not the actual tags the prize winner will receive.)


Sponsors:
Molossi is an Australian retail and wholesale supplier to the scrapbooking and papercraft industry. Molossi strives to bring you an online shopping experience where you can relish in a huge range of scrapbooking supplies to compliment your scrapbooking addiction. Molossi offers thousands of products including: albums, cardstock, flowers, bling, personal die-cutting machines, stickers, embellishments and plenty more! Become a part of our scrapping community and enter the stash giveaways and competitions on our Facebook page and Blog. For a large range of page layout ideas, sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date with the scrapbooking world and monthly promotions.



Something Tattered

When Beth began hunting wallpaper for the bandboxes she was creating in 1990 it started a life of antiquing adventures and a passion for old paper. In 1993 Beth’s wallpaper covered boxes we featured in Victoria magazine and Beth’s sister Marilyn Krehbiel joined her in the pursuit. Marilyn’s business Hannah’s Treasures evolved into purveying historic wallpapers for movie sets. Beth peddled her boxes to the coast of California and settled in the west. In 1997 Beth married Peter Neumann, son of a letterpress printer, who shared Beth’s appreciation for the old paper arts. In 2011 Peter and Beth began Something Tattered in response to Beth’s newest pursuit, Wedding Paper designs from her vast collection of antique paper. In 2013 Something Tattered launched the current line of craft stamps and in 2014 the new antique wallpaper stamps were added bringing the adventure full circle. We hope you will share the passion.





Zeus and Zoe is the sister Etsy Shop to Berry71Bleu and sells one-of-a-kind crafting embellishments for scrapbooking, crafting, altered art, home decor and collage art. All tags are handmade and can be designed according to your preference. Please contact Marivic through her Etsy Shop to request a custom order.

A special thanks to Molossi for sponsoring our design team this month! Molossi is a permanent sponsor for 2014, so there will be more chances to win Molossi prize packages in the coming months.


Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs.

Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations this month!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Sandi! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to have you join us this month Sandi! I love all the special details you added to this page. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page Sandi!! I love how it turned out! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....fabulous page! Love all the distressing and your amazing background! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...