Saturday, August 18, 2012

August Featured Designers

How is everyone doing?

This month we will be featuring our friends' work. Unfortunately, there will be no guests designers this month. I am afraid that there are things that's going on in my life right now and I'm stretched too thin to do the things I normally do.

But today is not about me and my problems. Today I am thankful to our 2 friends..

Nadia and Lizzy for sharing their projects with us...

Let's check out Nadia's work first:







Here is Lizzy's project using the tag and items from kit she won on our blog hop.





Thank you girls!!

And don't forget our August Challenge!!

This month our sponsor is:

and they have donated a fabulous chipboard pack as the prize for our challenge winner.  Click on the link above and check out all the beautiful chipboard designs available in store.  Scrapmatts also have a fabulous gallery with so many gorgeous creations which are sure to inspire you.

                               


   The prize above is for our merit winner. We also have a prize for our random
winner too. That prize is sponsored by Zeus and Zoe - Marivic's Kit Store.

                               


                         
You can win this entire pack of keys! They are gorgeous!!
To win this random prize everyone has an equal chance, just by entering!

RULES
1. You are allowed to make a an altered/off the page project as long as you follow the challenge specifications.
2. Projects must be linked up to our linky tool in the sidebar, using the URL of the ACTUAL POST not your entire blog.
3. You may submit as many entries as you want and combine your entry with up to 2 other challenges.
4. It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Berry71Bleu TOGETHER with a link back to our blog.
5. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT EST on the 31st day of the month the challenge was posted.
6. Entries to be submitted via the linky tool at the top of the sidebar ONLY, not by e mail and not by linking up in the comments section please.



Here is my take on the challenge: 



In this art journal, I used Scrapmatts chipboard wings, painted in gesso, mod podged and added Matisse dry medium Mica  flakes.

I used Dylusion stamps and Ink to get the effect. I used watercolor, markers, and lumiere paint for the purple shirt.


On this page. I mod podged antique paper, painted gesso on some parts of it. I used stencil ad lumber paint for the purple effect. 

Butterflies were from Renea's etsy shop.




Here is what the journal looks like. I'm still working on it. 

I almost forgot to include my 5 y.o. daughter's art. Alyssa told me that she is joining the challenge too..Well I told her that she can make one for the challenge, just like I did..


Here is her project for Cathy's Wing Challenge


By the way...

I will invite you to my new blog, but it is still under construction. I will have a "house-warming" party so please come visit. I will add more information here. You can win great prizes!



Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Hope things are going OK for you...thinking of you, & thank you for popping my LO up here...got a bit of a shock :0:0:):):) ...pleasant one...LOVE Nadia's LO & that card is sooooo nice! Take care:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful projects! Your daughter is very talented for as young as she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeeeeee Nadia and Lizzy's creations!! GORGEOUS!!! I love love love you and your daughters pages!! GORGEOUS!!! My 5 year old daughter made her first canvas this past weekend and posted it on my blog today!! I love it when kids create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Nadia and Lizzy really created gorgeous projects! Love the way they have used the fabulous tags!
    Marivic, your pages are amazing! Wow!
    Alyssa did an awesome page...wow! She has mama's genes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super Marivic and so great that creativity can be a stress reliever! You go girl...Love you work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Nadia and Lizzy your creations are simply stunning!!! Marivic your journal pages look amazing and Alyssa is so talented.. so much inspiration in this posting!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a jam-packed inspirational post Marivic!! WOW to Nadia's breathtaking project - Yay to Lizzy using her prize - looks LOVELY and LOVING all the journaling - and Marivic - you are one cool art journaler!! Amazing pages!! Looks like you have been doing it for years! And dear little Alyssa - what a sweetheart - her page is just AWESOME - she is way ahead of her years in the creativity department! AND what's this I hear about a new blog?! I love a paper's purpose already!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...