Friday, February 03, 2012

Altered Valentine Box

Good morning everybody-TGIF!! It is my week for reveal here at Berry Bleu Pages And Tags, and I have created an Altered Valentine Box for my project.


I used some of my leftovers from my Scraps Of Darkness December Kit-Winter's Embrace, along with one of the beautiful Berry Bleu Valentine themed tags to create this box. I took a plain, paper mache heart box, coated it with gesso, let it dry, and then began layering everything on. First I took a piece of Bo Bunny paper and cut it to fit the top of the box, next I took some stash paper and cut it into an open heart and inked and distressed the edges. I then tore out a piece of corrugated cardboard and painted and inked it up, placed it onto the box, and then popped on the Valentine themed tag. These tags are so perfect for any project, they add instant beauty with all the work done for you.






I then popped on a few flowers, some inked up Bo Bunny chipboard pieces, a Dusty Attic Foliage piece that I painted and distress stamped, some metal charms, a button, and some Fushia Crush Butterflies from my Etsy Shop and the top was finished.




I inked the sides and lip of the lid, crackle painted the lip and then inked it pink. I then took some more corrugated board tore the edges, painted and inked it, then applied some Twinkle Trim randomly to add a little extra sparkle, and then glued the board around the box.


And there you have it! A beautiful box that is perfect for gift giving this Valentine's Day!!

6 comments:

  1. Renea, I saw it on your blog and was trying to make a comment"Good Morning my Friend, this is one pretty and sweet box!Love the tag with horse!", Mr Blogger stoped me but I knew I will find you again:)
    So this is beautiful box with fantastic tag, well done, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How beautiful! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful Valentine Box! Really lovely and so layered..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the colors on this one great job

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...